Pages

Followers

Wednesday 26 November 2008

Texture!!!!!!




This is my entry for Magnolia V Stampavie,
*Week 4* Get the Feeling...
This week we would like you to get as much Texture going on in your work
There is many ways of doing this, Material, Embossing, Flock etc
So get the feeling going in your work this week.
Well I knew straight away what I wanted to use for texture on this card, in October I went to a craft fair and bought some fat quarters, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but the material was gorgeous. I have used the material on my main background, then I have embossed some core-dinations cardstock through the cuttlebug for more texture. The image is Stampavie Sarah Kay. I bought 3 of the new stamps and this is one of them, so you will be seeing alot more, as you all know I love my Sarah Kay stamps. I'm not totally happy with how the card has turned out as in my head I thought it would look different and I'm now not sure I like the material on the card, think I'll stick to my papers from now on lol.

I have to say a big thank you to Linda and Karin as they have given me this award, aww thanks for thinking of me, I have already given this award to 8 people in a previous post. thanks for looking and I'm hoping to get caught up the the blog hopping later on today hugs Jill xx

20 comments:

  1. I really love this, I think pink and green work so well together and are one of my fave combos. Beautiful material as backing hun amd a great feeling of texture has been achieved!!!! Gorgeous colouring of your image too.
    Loving all your recent makes - I need to get some of the new label nesties - such a fab shape
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so pretty, I love how you have coloured the image

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jill, great image and paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely, pop on over to my blog, I have left something there for you! :D xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really so sweet very vintage, I love that flowered BP, you are lucky to have your SK stamps I pre ordered mine from Silly Monkeys and havn'yt got them yet.
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww so gorgeous, hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Card Jill and so pretty too, you have coloured your image beautifully :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jill! I bet the material feels beautiful to the touch and it gives your card such a wonderful vintage feel! Really beautiful.
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is beautiful. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card jill and i love the papers..very scrummy.Hope you're all well darl:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh !!!! very lovely !!!
    beautiful paper and texture !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, luv the colours, lovely image. sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the papers and colours on this card Jill

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow..... Jill
    your card is great!
    I love this texture and your colouring!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the colours and the card.
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your card Jill, that material is so pretty it makes you just want to touch the card!
    Hugs Lynsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Jill...i love it,such a cute SK stamp and coloured perfectly,i so love these new SK stamps,i've been sitting on my hands since they've been released,
    Take care
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an excellent card! So stunning!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  20. How could you not be happy with this card? I think its gorgeous! Love the material as a background, what a fab idea. That stamp is just adorable too ... not seen that one before, she's a real cutie and once again you've coloured her perfectly! hugs Jillix

    ReplyDelete